Due to the situation with the virus, the June 2020 General Meeting and Photo Contest has been cancelled.
The good news is that we are going to hold the NJLHS Photo Contest for our 2021 Calendar. It will be an online only contest. The new procedure will be as follows:
1. Only one category: New Jersey Lighthouses.
2. The photo must not have been published previously in either The Beam or in a NJLHS Calendar.
3. The photographer must be an amateur, no professionals.
4. All photos must be emailed digitally. No mailed in entries.
5. The photo may be in landscape or portrait orientation. No extra inserts or use of photo editing programs.
6. All photo contest entrants must be members in good standing for the 2020 calendar year, i. e. 2020 dues paid.
7. A single membership may only submit exactly one (1) photo.
8. A family membership allows two different family members to submit exactly one (1) photo each.
9. Each entrant will email their photograph with the following included in the email: Your name, phone number, email, home address, city, state, zip and title of photo with the following statement: “I give NJLHS permission to publish my photo on the NJLHS website and in the NJLHS calendar”. This is a Release, which allows NJLHS to print the photo in The Beam and/or the NJLHS 2021 Calendar. (NOTE: The entrant retains ownership of the photo itself.)
10. Voting will be open to members in good standing from June 10, 2020-to-July 10, 2020. Single memberships will have one (1) vote; and family memberships will have two (2) votes.
Photos must be submitted via email on or before June 1, 2020 to the Contest Manager, Kathleen Eustace, by sending it to: PhotoContestChair@NJLHS.org .
By June 10th, the photos will be posted on the NJLHS website with a ID number. When voting for your selection from June 10th to July 10th, you must email the Contest Manager, Kathleen Eustace, send your name and vote for Photo-ID to: PhotoContestChair@NJLHS.org .
© 2020 NJLHS